EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Property Administrator
|Position Type: Full Time
||Job Code: TPM JD PA
|Reports To: Property Manager
||Department: Property Management
|Location: 8688 Woodbine Avenue, Markham, ON
||Direct Reports: N/A
The Property Administrator is responsible for providing administrative support to the property management department, ensuring that the day to day operations of each property under management run smoothly and efficiently. Under the direction of the Property Manager, the Property Administrator is responsible for the proper maintenance and organization of all records and databases within the department. This position requires attention to detail and a superior commitment to customer service.
- Establish and maintain professional working relationships with all tenants, vendors, and staff members.
- Field all incoming calls to the department, ensuring that all requests are administered to the appropriate resources and followed up on in a timely manner.
- Compose, prepare, and send out all tenant correspondences and notices.
- Ensure proper file management and record keeping (both electronic and physical).
- Maintain and organize tenant certificates of insurance, vendor insurance and all necessary supporting documentation.
- Ensure accurate tenant information is on file (addresses, contact information, etc.)
- Ensure that all emergency contact lists are current and accurate.
- Assist in keeping all equipment inventories up to date and accurate.
- Review monthly meter reading spreadsheets to ensure tenant charges are accurate and revise as needed.
- Organize tenant signage requirements and installations where required.
- Co-ordinate the preparation and delivery of all tenant appreciation gifts.
- Plan seasonal on-site events as required.
- Organize meetings, prepare agenda’s, and circulate minutes where required.
- Other administrative tasks and special projects as assigned from time to time.
Reporting & Budgeting:
- Assist with the preparation of annual operating and capital budgets, along with presentation material as required.
- Work with Accounting as needed to respond to related tenant inquiries with explanations and backup.
- Assist with all variance analysis, A/R and re-forecasting, in Yardi where possible.
- Support all reporting, budgeting, and variance analysis commentary and preparation of external reporting packages.
- Assist with maintaining all revisions throughout the budget process.
- Assist with the annual reconciliations, including the preparation of all letters, notices, and responses to inquiries.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Prepare new rental letters and statements to be mailed to tenants at commencement of each year.
- Review rent roll monthly to ensure it reflects all rental rate changes and correct additional charges.
- Post all rent and other tenant receipts to Yardi, ensuring posted charges and payment applications are accurate.
- Maintain tenant accounts/review new leases, renewals, extensions to ensure that they are properly set up, charges processed, credits applied, and collection of outstanding arrears are handled on a timely basis.
- Prepare and administer all tenant chargeback invoices.
- Charge late fees and interest penalties, adhering to tenants’ leases.
- Generate A/R Aging Reports and assist Property Managers with variance commentary.
- Follow up on outstanding accounts; issue reminders /notices of non-payment, and default letters where applicable.
- Prepare tenant statements of account.
- Communicate with the Property Manager and Property Accountant on all tenant issues.
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant working experience in commercial property management.
- College Diploma or Certificate in Office Administration.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Aptitude for servicing tenants with the ability to see both the customer’s perspective and the impact on the organization.
- Adapt to change and deal with challenges in a professional manner.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of YARDI Voyager is an asset.
- Strong organizational skills and multitasking abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to adhere to deadlines and achieve goals and objectives.
- An individual that can work well independently, as well as part of a dynamic team.
- Friendly, professional demeanor.
All interested candidates are encouraged to submit their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants in advance, however only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.