EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Manager of Corporate Accounting
|Position Type: Full-Time
|Reports To: Corporate Controller
|Location: 8688 Woodbine Avenue, Markham, ON
||Direct Reports: N/A
This is an exciting time to join a reputable and growing privately-owned organization! We are looking for a talented professional who thrives in a fast paced and dynamic team environment, driven to delivering exceptional value and results. The Manager of Corporate Accounting is a high responsibility, key member of the team and will be the owner of the Corporate & Consolidated accounting & financial reporting and tax compliance functions.
Key Skills / Experience:
Experienced professional working for a Canadian commercial real estate company in the rental (mix of retail, office, and industrial), land & residential development, and commercial construction businesses. This will be someone who has working experience with the daily accounting cycle, Canadian real estate GAAP, financial reporting to stakeholders, the annual income tax process, and Yardi 7S. Candidate interested to move to a Corporate role in financial reporting & analysis for shareholders and joint venture partnerships, income tax responsibilities, among other Corporate functions.
- Responsible for Consolidation, Corporate, and joint venture accounting (GAAP) and month end close.
- Responsible for Consolidated (Corporate, Management Co, JV, eliminations, other) financial reporting, annual budget, and analysis, and full ownership in meeting all deliverable deadlines.
- Responsible for monthly Corporate financial reporting package to shareholders and monthly internal review with VP Finance and Corporate Controller.
- Responsible for monthly Management, annual Consolidated budget and Co departmental reporting and internal review with Operational Directors and Owner groups.
- Responsible for monthly , quarterly and year end, operational finance joint venture reporting package for distribution to partners and shareholders.
- Responsible for year-end audit and tax compliance working papers. This includes preparing financial statements and audit pack for year-end statutory audit (UK rental property), review various partnership year end audits, complete tax working papers of all Canadian legal entities for Corporate tax compliance purposes, and coordinate activities (as necessary) with outside audit firms, tax professionals, and CRA.
- Office Yardi Champion, including maintenance of organizational entity chart and creation & maintenance of Yardi Excel templates for financial reporting, modeling, forecasting, and budgeting.
- Establish a monthly balance sheet reconciliation process, align books to consistently apply GAAP principles, and segregate & track corporate income tax entries outside of general ledger accounting records.
- Provide ongoing troubleshooting support on accounting issues and maintain general ledger.
- Prepare and maintain monthly Preferred Return and Financing schedules (and distributions to shareholders).
- Supervise, train, and manage work flow of 1 direct report (Corporate Accountant) and potentially others in the future, depending on company growth.
- Other ad hoc projects, as required from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge, and Traits:
- CPA designation (CA, CGA, CMA).
- Communicates clearly and effectively (verbal and written).
- Commercial Real Estate accounting and tax technical knowledge is a must.
- Strong organization skills in aligning accounting records to Canadian GAAP, maintaining record of Corporate income tax adjustments by legal entity for tax compliance purposes.
- Strong desire to establish roots with a rapidly growing, up & coming company.
- Customer-focused and works well with a wide variety of people and personalities.
- Intermediate (or higher) skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook.
- 5-7 Years working experience (2-3 years in Commercial real estate industry is highly preferred).
- Working experience with Yardi Voyager 7S.
All interested candidates are encouraged to submit their cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants in advance; however only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.