EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Administrative Assistant
|Position Type: Full Time
|Supporting: Executive Leadership, Organizational Support
|Location: 8688 Woodbine Avenue, Markham, ON
||Direct Reports: N/A
The role of the Administrative Assistant is to provide general administrative support services to the leadership team, supporting day-to-day operations while contributing towards improvements in work flow processes, enhanced presentation material, and increasing the level of organization and output of the organization. The successful candidate must be detail-oriented, well organized and motivated to work independently in a team environment and maintaining a high level of professionalism.
- Assist in the implementation of best office practices for improving work flow and general organization. Generate all necessary templates, flowcharts and instruction manuals for successful implementation and monitoring.
- Support both physical and electronic organization and record keeping, while working towards a paperless environment.
- Prepare reports, spreadsheets, templates, and presentation materials as needed.
- Support in all meeting scheduling, including schedule coordinating, preparation of meeting materials, drafting agendas, and the consolidation and distribution of meeting minutes where required.
- Answer, review and redirect incoming telephone calls and mail, on behalf of the executive leadership team.
- Develop and distribute all internal and external correspondence.
- Prepare internal and external corporate documents for team members and industry partners.
- Prepare expense reports for the executive leadership team and manage all confidential files/documents.
- Review company website and marketing material for consistency in branding efforts, ensuring that all materials are up to date and correct.
- Develop, implement, and enforce standardization in all content generated across the organization, focusing on font sizes, colours, standard templates and external communications.
- Maintain professionalism among all staff members, partners and the ownership group.
- Conduct research, compile data and prepare reports on specific assignments from time to time.
- Take initiative to identify and recommend improvements in the job function.
- Actively communicate with other team members and provide ancillary support, as may be required.
- Represent the Leadership team as a genuine partner to form an efficient and productive work environment.
- Perform other administrative duties and special projects, as may be required.
- Enhance the office by providing information management support, ensuring the proper utilization of all equipment, resources, and corporate expenses.
- Manage and update corporate memberships/ contracts.
- Plan seasonal corporate events.
- Manage all furniture and artwork installations, in addition to any other physical improvements made in the office.
- Continually assess where improvements can be made to the office environment and present ideas for consideration.
- Assist in the generation of HR related information for new hires, ensuring they receive a comprehensive introduction and orientation experience.
- A minimum of three (3) years of administrative experience.
- Post-Secondary education, college diploma or related experience.
- Demonstrated business professionalism, respect for confidentiality and appropriate handling of sensitive information.
- Highly trustworthy, possesses sound judgment, ethical standards and a high level of discretion.
- Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills with exceptional organizational abilities.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; both verbal and written.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision or direction.
- Advanced level knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Visio an asset.
- Strong ability to communicate professionally and effectively with individuals at all levels within the organization.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for continuous learning relevant to the role.
- Experience in commercial real estate is considered an asset, however not a requirement.
All interested candidates are encouraged to submit their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants in advance, however only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.