|Position Type: Full-Time
||Job Code: TPM_SLR-LM
|Reports To: Director of Leasing
|Location: 8688 Woodbine Avenue, Markham, ON
||Direct Reports: N/A
Reporting to the Director of Leasing, the Senior Leasing Representative/ Leasing Manager, will be responsible for actively supporting the performance of the retail and office portfolio for assigned properties by meeting and exceeding established targets and objectives, maintaining excellent rapport with tenants, and monitoring market activity. The successful candidate will develop and maintain a strong understanding and knowledge of applicable markets and be responsible for the negotiation, preparation and finalization of renewals and new leases for the assigned properties.
- Negotiate and prepare offers to lease, letters of intent, leases, renewals, amending agreements, assignments and subleases for assigned portfolio with oversight from the
Director of Leasing.
- Maintain a complete and ongoing understanding of the applicable markets including rental rates, vacancies, recent transactions, and development pipelines, and future trends.
- Establish and maintain strong rapport with existing tenants, new tenants, tenant reps, brokers, industry peers, and other external stakeholders.
- Prepare and understand legal lease documents and accurate deal approval sheets including all financial calculations, NERs, comparisons to budget, etc.
- Coordinate proper record keeping with the Lease Administrator for existing and new tenant accounts; Ensure accuracy of all leasing documents and abstracts.
- Ensure negotiated business and financial terms as well as conditions are carried out.
- Initiate and collaborate with the Lease Administrator as well as Finance and Property Management to ensure that initial statements are issued in full and on time to new tenants.
- Liaise with brokers/agents as required to assist with listings, marketing brochures, showings, etc.
- Assist with the review of monthly leasing reports for assigned properties in collaboration with the Lease Administrator.
- Assist with annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting with oversight from the Director of Leasing.
- Liaise with Construction to obtain budgets, scope of work, and ensure proper execution and completion of Landlord’s Work.
- Ensure proper adherence to tenant signage criteria for assigned properties and coordinate approval process with Property Management and Construction.
- 5+ years of negotiating experience in commercial leasing with a strong knowledge of retail and office leases.
- University or College graduate.
- Strong ability to multi-task, proactively prioritize assignments, work efficiently under pressure and meet objectives within set timelines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Proficiency in Yardi is an asset.
- A strong problem-solving ability, positive attitude, attention to detail and strong work ethic.
All interested candidates are encouraged to submit their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants in advance; however only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.