EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Lease Administrator
|Position Type: Full-Time
||Job Code: TPM JD LA 18
|Reports To: Leasing Manager
|Location: 8688 Woodbine Avenue, Markham, ON
||Direct Reports: N/A
The Lease Administrator’s primary job function is to assist and provide support to the Leasing department both in terms of achieving departmental and company objectives as well as continuously providing the highest quality of service. As such, the incumbent will be relied on for accurate and efficient record keeping, strong organizational and drafting capabilities, along with their desire to ensure that potential tenants’ first experience with Tricap Properties exceeds their expectations. Under the direction of the Leasing Manager, the Lease Administrator will play an integral role within the leasing discipline, but will also have the opportunity to support our Vice President, Development and In-House Legal Counsel on administrative and record keeping matters. This position requires a high level of attention to detail along with a level of professionalism that strives to set the benchmark for leasing within the industry.
- Responsible for the administration of all lease transactions; including the preparation of all notices, offers to lease, letters of intent, leases, lease amending agreements, lease extension/renewal agreements, assignments, and terminations with the ability to handle any other related internal documentation and drafting requirements with direction from the Leasing Manager and Vice President.
- Co-ordinate and perform regular follow-ups on document execution status, as well as monitor each agreement for commencement dates to ensure that the timely processing of each lease transaction is achieved.
- Generate lease abstracts highlighting all key and non-standard elements of each deal that the other departments within the company can then rely on for promptness and accuracy.
- Manage lease renewal options and notice dates.
- Track all tenant move-in and move-out schedules while notifying both Property Management and Construction of any changes.
- Co-ordinate record keeping of corporate credit checks and other pertinent tenant qualification criteria.
- Initiate and collaborate with the Property Administrator and the Property Management department members to ensure that Tenant Welcome Packages and other relevant move-in statements are issued in full and on time to new tenants.
- Field incoming leasing interest calls, tracking each caller and providing initial information packages in conjunction with the Leasing Manager.
- Liaise with brokers/ agents when required to assist with listings, marketing brochures, showings, etc.
- Consolidate all required information from each department as it relates to the tenant allowance release qualification criteria.
- Maintain tenant legal files and keep appropriate spreadsheets and databases regularly updated.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual leasing reports for presentations and forecasting purposes.
- Assist with all record keeping and database generation of newly acquired assets.
- Process Leasing Department invoices such as commissions and tenant allowances to ensure timely processing for payment.
- Liaise with the Property Management, Accounting, Construction, and/or Investment departments as needed.
- Manage any and all departmental related administrative tasks, and other duties as required.
- Coordinate all aspects of marketing the leasing portfolio, including marketing brochures, signage, company website, ICSC and related events.
- Ensure that approved tenant signage documentation is circulated to Property Management.
- Generate and issue monthly and/or quarterly marketing newsletters to industry recipients.
- Maintain and update newsletter mail-out databases as new recipients are identified.
- Perform minor graphics updates relating to site plans, floor plans and other related content from time to time.
- Prepare, organize and maintain corporate legal filings and documentation on an annual and transactional basis.
- Organize and maintain property title information and documents.
- Perform other such support duties as assigned from time to time.
- 5+ years of related experience in real estate with a strong knowledge of commercial real estate documents and the leasing process.
- Has a strong ability to multi-task, proactively prioritize assignments, and meet objectives within set timelines.
- Consistently demonstrates excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Able to work well independently and find ways to positively contribute to a dynamic and growing team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Proficiency in Yardi (Voyager) is an asset.
- A strong problem-solving ability, positive attitude, and creative mindset will be prioritized.
All interested candidates are encouraged to submit their cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants in advance; however only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.